More and more, Americans are realizing what their unhealthy diets and habits are doing to them. People are switching to healthier diets and are adopting exercise routines, but there’s a deep desire to start undoing some of the past damage immediately. So we look to sometimes expensive detox pills and teas to do the trick. Their claims are at times dubious. As luck would have it, the world’s greatest detox tonic is probably sitting in your cabinet right now.
Apple cider vinegar.
ACV has been used throughout the ages and is loaded with important healing compounds like acetic acid, potassium, magnesium, probiotics, and other enzymes. Their usefulness has been observed over the years and now science has begun to find evidence of its various uses.ACV is a bit hard to drink in terms of taste. It’s not has rough as a shot of whiskey but it can still be hard to palate. You can take ACV capsules but I simply fill a mug about half full of ACV in the morning, add a bit of water, and slam it.
- ACV has been proven to prevent and alleviate type 2 diabetes.
That’s a pretty bold claim, right? Well, it’s a claim backed up by science. Several studies found that vinegar helps lower glucose levels. One study at Arizona State University found that subjects who took 20 grams of ACV and 40 grams of water had 34% lower postprandial glucose.ACV may simply be the most effective, and most cost-effective, diabetes medication in history. Absolutely do not stop taking diabetes medications. Always consult with a physician when you’re considering a change to your standard medical routine.
- ACV relieves allergies-ACV helps break up mucous throughout the body and helps cleanse the lymph nodes. Research suggests that ACV is one of the best remedies for sinus congestion and seasonal allergies.
- ACV lowers high cholesterol-A 2006 study reported in Medscape General Medicine showed that ACV could lower cholesterol. A diet with ACV included can increase HDL, or “good” cholesterol, and reduce triglycerides.
- ACV keeps your skin young and your hair healthy-When you use ACV in your hair after a shampoo, it adds a lustrous shine and keeps your scalp healthy and dander free. You can also dilute ACV with water and spread on your skin with a cotton ball as a toner before washing.
- ACV speeds weight loss-It’s been purported for thousands of years that ACV can help you lose weight. This is simply because ACV makes you feel full. Source: Shakahari Blog