Oatmeal is a favourite food of mine. I make this version of it where I add cinnamon, walnuts, chopped apples and rice milk that’s just divine. It’s the ultimate comfort breakfast in the winter for me. But it’s got way more going for it than comfort food!
- Oatmeal helps you manage your weight-Oatmeal helps you feel fuller longer. One study found that it digests slower than cornflakes, which keeps hunger at bay longer.
- Your gut will be healthier-Prebiotics are a type of fibber that our digestive system can’t digest, and it’s important that you eat it. Why would we want to eat something we can’t digest? Jeez, you only think of yourself, don’t you?
All those delightful little good bacteria in your gut love to chow down on it. It keeps them healthy and happy, which keeps you healthy and happy.
- Oatmeal improves heart health-Oatmeal has cholesterol-lowering properties. 2 ounces of dry oats a day, or one cup cooked, added to even the worst diets can help keep cholesterol in check. It also helps stabilize your blood sugar levels.
- Oatmeal is nutritious and healthy-Oatmeal is low in fat and has almost no saturated fat, yet it’s packed with 5 grams of protein. It also includes macronutrients like copper, iron, zinc, and phosphorus.
- You have more energy-Eating breakfast at all provides you with even more energy throughout the day. Oatmeal is such a delicious, healthy food, there are few ways to start your day better.
- Source : Shakahari Blog