Odisha to become open defecation free state by October 2019 under Swachh Bharat mission


Bhubaneswar, Nov 9: While reviewing the implementation of Swachh Bharat Mission in Rural Odisha, secretary of Union Drinking Water and Sanitation department, Prameswaram Iyer on Tuesday informed that Odisha will become open defecation Free State by October 2019.

The secretary also informed that by December 2016, a target has been set to make Deogarh open defecation free. Similarly, by March 2017, a target to make Balasore open defecation free has been set.

As per sources, in the last two years, 35% completion has been achieved in Odisha. To further boost the implementation of the Mission, more toilets will be constructed along with awareness generation.

The central government is bearing 60% of the implementation cost for the Swachh Bharat Mission while the State government is bearing the rest 40% implementation cost. The State government has received a sum of Rs 700cr under the project.

A discussion about drinking water projects in the State were also carried out in the meeting.


Also Read  First Meeting of unified command of Odisha chaired by CS Padhi in Odisha capital


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here