On Friday, a fire broke out at MKCG Medical College and Hospital in Berhampur. Panic gripped patients and visitors at MKCG Medical College and Hospital after smoke allegedly overtook the plastic surgery ward on the fourth floor of the hospital’s super specialty building.
According to sources, the fire was detected from within one of the Operation Theatres (OTs). Patients receiving treatment in the ward were evacuated promptly.
Fire Services personnel responded immediately to the alarm and extinguished the blaze.
“The blaze has been put out. The situation is under control, according to a firefighter.
The cause of the fire outbreak was yet to be determined. Inquiry into this matter was in progress.