Bhubaneswar: May 02: Odisha government has declared 14-day Lockdown throughout the state in view of the severity of the corona pandemic. This will be effective from May 5,2021 (Wednesday) till 5 a.m. of May 19,2021 (Wednesday). However, there shall be complete shutdown on Weekends starting 6 pm of Fridays till 5 am of Mondays.
The state government has been forced to take such a drastic step as a last resort, noting that the situation is getting worse. Also, Medical experts have been suggesting to go for shutdown as it can help to break the chain.
Earlier, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had also called for it to be used as a last resort. The government was trying to give priority to both life and livelihood. But the state government has taken such a step after much deliberation considering life as more important in the present context.
Notifications regarding commercial and private establishments are as follows:
- Shops, including ration shops (under PDS) and neighborhood/ roadside/ street corner shops. dealing with food, groceries, fruits and vegetables. dairy and milk booths, meat and fish, animal feed & fodder, seeds, fertilizers and pesticides including their transportation, warehousing and related activities. However, district authorities may encourage and facilitate home delivery to minimize the movement of individuals outside their homes.
Street corner I road-side shops I stand-alone shops dealing with food and essential items, vegetables, fish, meat. and eggs and milk are allowed to operate on weekdays (Monday to Friday) between 6 AM to 12 Noon. Such shops shall maintain a minimum 30 feet shop to shop distance. The shopkeepers and the buyers shall mandatorily abide by the Covid safety protocols like social distancing, use of mask. The local authorities shall demarcate areas for this purpose. The Collectors/ Municipal Commissioners shall make all efforts to disperse the vegetable vendors in such a manner that no person is required to travel more than 0.5 km for purchase of vegetables. Any violation of COVID-19 protocols will attract closure/ sealing/ cancellation of license of the concerned shops. However, weekly and daily haats shall be prohibited.
Explanation: Food and grocery shall mean all items of food and grocery that are usually consumed by people on day to day basis and include. among others, hygiene products such as hand washes, soaps, disinfectants. body wash, shampoos, surface cleaners. detergents, tissue papers. toothpaste, oral care, sanitary pads, diapers, charger and battery cells, etc.
- Restaurants and dhabas for Takeaway and Home delivery only.
- Home delivery by operators/ online delivery of all goods/ services by e-commerce platforms such as Amazon. Flipkart. Blue Dart, DTDC, Big Basket, Grofers, Urban Clap, Zomato Myntra, Swiggy, KFC, Pizza Hut, Dominos, Uber Eats, etc.
- Retailers of food & grocery items such as Big Bazaar. Reliance Fresh, OMFED, OPOLFED, Chilika Fresh. Spencers, etc. They are also allowed to provide home delivery services.
- Print, electronic and Web media.
- IT and IT enabled Services (ITeS) with a maximum of 50% staff ‘ (as far as possible to work from home).
- Data and Call Centers.
- Telecommunications, internet services, broadcasting and cable services/ DTH and optical fibre.
- Petrol pumps. LPG. Petroleum and gas retail and storage outlets.
- Power generation. transmission and distribution units and services.
- Government approved Common Service Centers (CSCs) at Gram Panchayat level.
- Cold storage and warehousing services, including at ports, airports, railway stations. container Depots. individual units and other links in the logistics chain.
- Private security services and facilities management services for maintenance and upkeep of office and residential complexes.
- Hotels, home stays. Lodges and motels, which are accommodating tourists and persons stranded due to lockdown. medical and emergency staff, air and sea crew.
- Establishments used/ earmarked for quarantine facilities.
- Services provided by self-employed persons. e.g.. Electrician, IT repairs, plumbers. motor mechanics, and carpenters etc.
- Shops that repair and service electrical and electronic appliances including fans, air coolers, water purifiers. air conditioners, mobile phones, computers. accessories. etc.
- Shops dealing in construction equipment and supplies such as cement, iron rods. chips etc.
- Shops of educational books for students.
- Newspaper Delivery will be allowed between 5AM to 8AM.