Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar celebrated its 43rd Foundation Day


Bhubaneswar: September 04: Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar celebrated its 43rd Foundation Day in its premises on 4th September, 2017. Professor R. Rajaraman, Emeritus Professor of Physics, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi graced the occasion as Chief Guest. The session was chaired by Prof. Sudhakar Panda, Director, Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar in the presence of Prof. B. R. Sekhar, Chairman of the Foundation Day Celebration Committee at the Institute’s Auditorium. The meeting ended with vote of thanks by Sri Rushi Kumar Rath, Register, Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar. Before the program, Professor R. Rajaraman also delivered Foundation Day Colloquium on “What is inside a Pulsars” at 3:00pm, meant for students and researcher from all branches of Physics. The talk was focused on what is likely to be their internal composition and why they are also called “Neutron Stars”. At the end of colloquium, the discussion was held on some fundamental concepts of elementarity that play a role in the equation of state of the pulsars. During the cultural program a play entitled “Bhala Manisha Khoja Chalichhi” was performed by the IOP staff members. In the eve of the event a General Library also inaugurated by Prof. Sudhakar Panda, Director, Institute of Physics for the community having popular literature books and magazines of different languages. In the beginning the Director lighted the lamp and in his introductory speech emphasized the fact that only 60% of his full vision could be achieved while the other 40% would take time because of the policy of new Government. He expected the medical policy for the Institute including pensioners would be put in practice in month or two while other extra-developmental plans are also in pipe line. Professor Rajaraman, the Chief Guest of the event in his address revealed that Global Warming can lead to melting of Glaciers to result in the rise water level in the sea. If we cannot control, even if a minimum rise of 1 meter increase in water level in the sea may destroy the civilization. To overcome this problem, we need to control the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Making use of solar energy and nuclear energy in our day-to-day life can help us in this direction.

Also Read  Devotee died near Kalpabata inside the Shree Jagannath Temple premises, Puri


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here