Odisha to get Rs.500 Crore for providing grants to the RLBs

0
243
Odisha to get Rs.500 Crore for providing grants to the RLBs

September 1

The Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance has on Monday released Rs.500.7 Crore to Odisha for providing grants to the Rural Local Bodies. Total grant amounting to Rs.834.5 Crore released to Rural Bodies of Odisha so far.

On 31st August, Rs.13,385.70 Crore has been released to 25 States including Rs.500.7 Crore to Odisha. As stated by Ministry of Finance, total grant amounting to Rs. 25,129.98 crore released to Rural Local bodies so far.

This Grant-in-aid is the 1st installment of Tied grants of the year 2021-22.  The grants have been released as per the recommendations of the 15th Finance Commission.

Tied grants are released to the Rural Local Bodies (RLBs) for improving two critical services namely (a) Sanitation and maintenance of open-defecation free (ODF) status and (b) supply of drinking water, rain water harvesting and water recycling.

Out of the total Grant-in-aid allocated for Panchayati Raj institutions, 60 percent is ‘Tied Grant’.  It’s earmarked for national priorities like drinking water supply, rainwater harvesting and sanitation. Remaining 40 percent is ‘Untied Grant’ and is to be utilized at the discretion of the Panchayati Raj institutions for location specific felt needs, except for payment of salaries.

Tied grants are meant to ensure availability of additional funds to the Rural local bodies over and above the funds allocated by the Centre and the State for sanitation and drinking water under the Centrally Sponsored Schemes.

The States are required to transfer the grants to the Rural local bodies within 10 working days of their receipt from the Union Government.  Any delay beyond 10 working days requires the State Governments to release the grants with interest. (Source: PIB)

Also Read  Lords on Chariots reached Gundicha Temple today:

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here